Monday, January 11, 2010

Bambino Newsletter, vol. 1

Hey!  Look!  My belly is most decidedly bigger than last week!  Mom keeps telling me that this is normal, but it's still surprising to me. 


As for the biggerness, I'm glad to know that all of the discomfort I felt last week (I had to take two full days of only sitting--and it wasn't as torturous as I had imagined, so I must've REALLY needed it!) was worth it.  Bambino must've been growing like a weed in there, because now I can feel him/her moving around!  Until now, I've thought I felt it a little bit, but wasn't quite sure.  It started to be more consistent yesterday morning after I drank a delicious cappuccino, so I figured the caffeine was the culprit.  But then, as we sat in our hotel room last night, if I was still for more than a few minutes, I could feel it again!  Eventually I wondered, "I can feel it on the inside, but can I feel it on the outside, too?"  I put my hand very gently on my tummy and could feel a couple of little kicks!  I called Tyler over but he got bored waiting for another one.  I think Bambino got stage fright.  But THEN! as I was sitting in bed, reading while Tyler tried to fall asleep, I made him put his hand on my tummy and he felt two really good ones.  He immediately yanked his hand away and looked at me with such a look of disgust that I laughed so hard, I cried!  It feels like an alien to him, and I'm not really surprised, since it's not very often that there's something moving around inside your tummy. To me, it felt a little strange at first, but now, it's really reassuring to know that he's/she's doing well in there and shakin' his or her groove thang.  I told Tyler yesterday that if this keeps up, Bambino is going to come out with a ninja mask on, even if it's a girl!  Today, as I sit here at the computer, he's wiggling around in there, saying, "Hey Mama, what are we going to do today?"  SO cool!  I'm sure that once he or she gets bigger and I can feel jabs to my bladder and stomach and lower back, it will be a little more uncomfortable, but no less cool.

By the way, I'm really looking forward to knowing if Bambino is a girl or a boy for the sole reason that then I don't have to keep saying and typing "he/she."  I think it will be a couple more weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! "A healthy little soccer player.." as Jaosn would say! Keep it up, baby. We are praying for you to be healthy and strong. We love you.

    ReplyDelete