The other day, I was upstairs putting ANOTHER load of laundry in the washer. Isabelle was downstairs because my dad had let the dogs out after lunch and Isabelle stayed in the basement when he left. Isabelle let out a little "roof" from the bottom of the stairs, and I figured that she realized I was upstairs and wanted to join me. I said, "Just a minute, Isabelle, I'll be right down" because she understands English. She roofed again, not loudly, just a "hey, lady, I'm trying to get your attention" noise. I said, "just a minute" again. It had been about two minutes total before I walked back down the stairs and she wasn't sitting at the bottom of the stairs like normal, she was sitting at the end of the hallway to our bedroom. It turns out, the baby had woken up and was crying! Isabelle was telling me to take care of her! Right after I picked Clare up, I gave Isabelle a big scratch on her head--she's such a good dog!
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


What a good dog!!
ReplyDelete